Transit visas are issued to foreigners who will pass through South Africa enroute to its neighboring countries.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Passports/travel document valid for at least 30 more days after departure from South Africa; The passport (including travel/emergency travel documents) must have: at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services.
- Visa application form (BI-84)Note: Under Permanent Residential Address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos with white or light background
- Onward flight Itinerary
- Proof of legal status for non-U.S citizens e.g. copy of greencard, H1B, F1, J1 etc.
- Non-refundable US$72.00 processing fee in money order.
- Processing time is 5 business days.
- Where to submit your application
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.