Transit visas are issued to foreigners who will pass through South Africa enroute to its neighboring countries.
Important Information on Applying for South African Visas
Effective 10 May 2015, applicants for visas will be required to apply in person at the South African mission. The mailing fee is only for returning of passport/visa to the applicant.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Passports/travel document valid for at least 30 more days after departure from South Africa; The passport (including travel/emergency travel documents) must have: at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services.
- Visa application form (DHA-84) Note: Under Permanent Residential Address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos with white or light background
- Onward flight Itinerary
- Proof of legal status for non-U.S citizens e.g. copy of greencard, H1B, F1, J1 etc.
- Non-refundable US$72.00 processing fee in money order.
- Processing time is 5 business days.
- Where to submit your application
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.