It is important to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope or prepaid courier indicating where the police clearance will be sent.
The SAPS has advised that although a completed application form for a police clearance certificate is preferable, it is not necessary for such document to be completed. If an application form is not available, the applicant must provide the following details in a letter:
- Maiden name
(if applicable, specify in which surname the certficate has to be issued)
- Given names
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- South African ID number (if applicable)
- Last residential address in South Africa
- Last South African business’/employers’ address
- Telephone number of the business/employer mentioned
- Mailing address in the country of application
- Zip/postal code
- Telephone number
Once the certificate has been issued, the Criminal Record Center will courier the certificate to the applicant (prepaid parcel).
Revision date: Wednesday, 17 October, 2018