This is a permit issued to all foreigners intending to visit South Africa for the purpose of undergoing medical treatment
Important Information on Applying for South African Visas
Effective 10 May 2015, applicants for visas will be required to apply in person at the South African mission. No appointment necessary.
Checklist: Application filed at Missions
- A duly completed application form (DHA-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Roundtrip flight itinerary
- Letter from the applicant’s practitioner in RSA indicating the purpose for treatment and the period of treatment.
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Non-refundable fee of $36.00 money order for processing
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card, H1B etc) if not U.S. citizen.
- Processing time is 5 business days, it may take up to 10 days during peak season