This is a permit issued to all foreigners intending to visit South Africa for the purpose of undergoing medical treatment
Checklist: Application filed at Missions
- A duly completed application form (BI-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Roundtrip flight itinerary
- Letter from the applicant’s practitioner in RSA indicating the purpose for treatment and the period of treatment.
- Police clearance certificate (full criminal background check report - FBI) from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer
- Non-refundable fee of $72.00 money order for processing
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card, H1B etc) if not U.S. citizen.
- Processing time is 5 business days, it may take up to 10 days during peak season
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.