Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa
- Prescribed form BI-84Note: Under Permanent Residential Address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos with white or light background
- Round trip flight itinerary
- Proof of sufficient means in the form of bank statement/letter of undertaking from the Company
- Proof of legal status for non-U.S. citizens (copy of greencard, H1B, J1 etc)
- Proof of accommodation (hotel reservation)
- Non-refundable fee of $72.00 money order for processing
- Letter from the U.S.A.employer/ organization stating purpose, duration of stay in South Africa
- Letter of invitation from the South African Company/ Organization confirming purpose and duration of visit.
- Processing time is 5 business days and it may take up to 10 days during peak season
- Yellow fever certificate is required if applicant is passing through yellow fever belt area before entering South Africa.
- Where to submit your application
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.