Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa.
- Prescribed form BI-84. Note: Under Permanent Residential Address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos
- Round trip flight itinerary
- Proof of sufficient funds (recent bank statement, credit card etc)
- Proof of legal status for non-U.S. citizens (copy of greencard, H1B, F1, J1 etc)
- Proof of hotel accommodation (hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from the host (relative or friend) in South Africa.
- Proof of host’s legal status in South Africa (copy of I.D. Book/ passport) if South African citizen) or copy of passport and a copy of visa or residence status in South Africa.
- Non-refundable fee of $72.00 money order
- Yellow fever certificate is required if applicant passing through yellow fever belt area before entering South Africa.
- Processing time is 5 business days
- Where to submit your application
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.