Important Information on Applying for South African Visas
Effective 10 May 2015, applicants for visas will be required to apply in person at the South African mission. No appointment necessary.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa
- Visa application form (DHA-84) Note: Under Permanent Residential Address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos with white or light background
- Flight itinerary
- Proof of U.S. legal status for non-U.S. citizen (green card)
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- No fee
- An offer of employment
- Proof that the spouse is a South African citizen/permanent resident (copy of South African I.D. Book, certified by the South African Police Service).
- Proof of marriage certificate or (life partnership plus affidavit form (BI-1712A) form 12 filled out by applicant and SAC/PR holder
- Processing time is 5 to 10 business days.
- Where to submit your application