Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa
- Visa application form (BI-84) Note: Under Permanent Residential Address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos with white or light background
- Flight itinerary
- Proof of U.S. legal status for non-U.S. citizen (green card)
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- No fee
- An offer of employment
- Proof that the spouse is a South African citizen/permanent resident (copy of South African I.D. Book
- Proof of marriage certificate or (life partnership plus affidavit form (BI-1712A) form 12 filled out by applicant and SAC/PR holder
- Processing time is 5 business days.
- Where to submit your application
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.