Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) visa pages when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa
- Visa application form (DHA-84) Note: Under Permanent Residential Address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos with white or light background
- Roundtrip flight itinerary
- Proof of sufficient means in the form of bank statement for own maintenance
- Proof of US legal status for non-U.S. citizens (green card, H1B, F1, J1 etc)
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- Proof of health coverage whilst in South Africa
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Non-refundable fee of $72.00 money order for processing
- Letter of invitation from the host Organization in South Africa stating purpose and duration of stay.
- Letter from the U.S. Organization taking financial responsibility if applicant sent by US organization.
- Processing time is 5 business days
- Where to submit your application
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.