This is a kind of a permit issued to a foreigner conducting activities in South Africa in terms of an international agreement to which South Africa is a party.
Documents to be submitted:
- A duly completed application form (BI-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Letter from Fulbright (organ of state) attesting to the purpose and duration
- Letter from the institution in South Africa confirming applicant’s assignment.
- Nature and duration of the programme
- Participation of the foreigner in the specified programme
- Type of activities the foreigner is expected to perform and the duration thereof
- Accommodation of the foreigner
- Round trip flight itinerary
- Proof of medical report (physical) by a physician
- Proof of radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- Police clearance certificate (full criminal background check report - FBI) from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one (1) year or longer.
- Non-refundable fee of $72.00 money order for processing
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card, H1B etc) if not U.S. citizen
- Processing time is 5 business days, it may take up to 10 days during peak season.
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.