This is a permit issued to retirees intending to live in South Africa only for limited or seasonal periods during the validity of the permit.
Important Information on Applying for South African Visas
Effective 10 May 2015, applicants for visas will be required to apply in person at the South African mission. The mailing fee is only for returning of passport/visa to the applicant.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form (DHA-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test.
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Flight itinerary
- Non-refundable fee of $36.00 money order for processing
- Proof of financial means in the form of a pension with a minimum value of R20,000 per month or an irrevocable retirement annuity or retirement account to the equivalent amount , or a net worth providing an income of at least R37,000 per month
- The net worth contemplated in section 20(1)(b) of the Act shall be a comination of assets realizing, per month, the amount determined from time to time by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
- Processing time 5 business days, it may take up to 10 business days during peak season
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.