This is a permit issued to retirees intending to live in South Africa only for limited or seasonal periods during the validity of the permit.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form (BI-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test.
- Police clearance certificate (full criminal background check report - FBI) from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer
- Flight itinerary
- Non-refundable fee of $72.00 money order for processing
- Proof of financial means in the form of a pension with a minimum value of R20,000 per month or an irrevocable retirement annuity or retirement account to the equivalent amount , or a net worth providing an income of at least R20,000.00 per month
- The net worth contemplated in section 20(1)(b) of the Act shall be a comination of assets realizing, per month, the amount determined from time to time by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
- Processing time 5 business days, it may take up to 10 business days during peak season
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.