This is a permit issued to predetermined number of employees needed in a particular occupational category determined by the Minister.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form (BI-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- Police clearance certificate (criminal background) from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer
- Flight itinerary
- Non-refundable fee of $255.00 money order
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card) if not U.S. citizen
- Proof of financial means in the form of bank statement
- All requirements if spouse and children wish to accompany applicant
- Certification from the South African Qualifications authority confirming the necessary qualifications for the occupation
- Confirmation of the required experience for the occupation
- Registration if required by law
*Within 90 days of admission, the holder of a quota permit shall submit to the Director-General confirmation of having secured employment within the category or class contemplated in section 19(1) of the Act and within every 12 months thereafter, confirmation of continued employment within that category or class.
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.