This is a permit issued to foreigners being transferred by their own Company to an affiliate company in South Africa.
Important Information on Applying for South African Visas
Effective 10 May 2015, applicants for visas will be required to apply in person at the South African mission. No appointment necessary.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form (DHA-1738) signed by applicant.
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Flight itinerary
- Non-refundable fee of $127.00 money order
- Proof of U.S. legal status (green card, H1B etc) if applicant not U.S. citizen
- Letter from U.S. employer confirming that applicant shall be transferred to a sister Company/branch/affiliate Company in RSA and undertake that applicant will leave at the end of two years.
- Letter from the South African Company confirming transfer of such applicant from the parent Company/affiliate Company specifying the occupation and capacity in which the applicant will be employed and that the maximum duration will not exceed four (4) years.
- Proof of an employment contract with the U.S. Company
- Proof of financial means in the form of bank statement.
- All prescribed requirements if spouse and dependent children will accompany applicant.
- The foreigner's contract of employment with the company abroad valid for a period of not less than six months
- The relevant employer shall ensure that the foreigner is only employed in the specific position for which the visa has been issued
- A plan is developed for the transfer of skills to a South African ciitizen or permanent residence
- An intra-company transfer work visa shall be issued for a period not exceeding four years and is not renewable
- Attention New York Applicants: The South African Consulate General in New York will no longer accept prepaid envelope/labels from FedEx and UPS with immediate effect. Applicants are welcome to enclose only USPS self-addressed, pre-paid courier envelope for this office to facilitate return services.