This is a permit issued to foreigners being transferred by their own Company to an affiliate company in South Africa.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form (BI-1738) signed by applicant.
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- Police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer
- Flight itinerary
- Non-refundable fee of $255.00 money order
- Proof of U.S. legal status (green card, H1B etc) if applicant not U.S. citizen
- Letter from U.S. employer confirming that applicant shall be transferred to a sister Company/branch/affiliate Company in RSA and undertake that applicant will leave at the end of two years.
- Letter from the South African Company confirming transfer of such applicant from the parent Company/affiliate Company specifying the occupation and capacity in which the applicant will be employed and that the maximum duration will not exceed two (2) years.
- Proof of an employment contract with the U.S. Company
- Proof of financial means in the form of bank statement.
- All prescribed requirements if spouse and dependent children will accompany applicant.
- The foreigner's contract of employment with the company abroad valid for a period of not less than six months
- The relevant employer shall ensure that the foreigner is only employed in the specific position for which the visa has been issued
- A plan is developed for the transfer of skills to a South African ciitizen or permanent residence
- An intra-company transfer work visa shall be issued for a period not exceeding four years and is not renewable
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.