This permit issued to applicants under the age of 25 years and may only conduct work for one year
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form (BI-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Flight itinerary
- $72.00 money order for processing
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card,) if applicant not U.S. citizen
- Statement from the prospective employer certifying that:
- The position exists.
- The organ of state or foreign education and training confirming the
existence of the exchange programme
- The remuneration of the foreigner complies with labour requirements
- The employer will provide for the welfare and needs of the foreigner
whilst in his employ
- Will inform Home Affairs if the foreigner does not comply with the terms
and conditions of his/her permit or leaves RSA
- The applicant will leave when his/her permit expires.
- Processing time is 5 business days, it may take up to 10 days during peak season.
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.