This is a permit issued to applicants in possession of exceptional skills or qualifications that are scarce in South Africa.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application (BI-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- Police clearance certificate (criminal background) from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer
- Flight itinerary
- Non-refundable fee of $255.00 money order.
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card) if not U.S. citizen
- Proof of financial means in the form of bank statement
- All requirements if spouse and children wish to accompany applicant
- A letter from U.S or South African organ of State, or from an established South African academic, cultural or business body, confirming the applicant’s exceptional skills or qualifications
- Testimonials from previous employers, if applicable, and a comprehensive resumé
- Proof to substantiate exceptional skills or qualifications, such as publications and testimonials.
- A letter of motivation indicating that the exceptional skills posessed by the applicant will be to the benefit of the South African environment in which he/she intends to operate.
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.