This is a permit issued by the Department to a corporate applicant. A corporate applicant is defined as juristic person established under the laws of SA or foreign country as a corporation to employ foreigners to conduct work for such applicant.
Important Information on Applying for South African Visas
Effective 10 May 2015, applicants for visas will be required to apply in person at the South African mission. No appointment necessary.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form (BI-1738) signed by applicant.
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Flight itinerary
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card) if not a U.S. citizen
- Proof of financial means in the form of bank statement
- All requirements if spouse and children wish to accompany applicant
- Corroborated representation demonstrating the need to employ foreign worker
- Proof of a Corporate Worker Authorisation certificate
- Request for the number of foreigners to be employed
- Job description of each foreign worker and remuneration
- An application for a corporate workers certificate shall be accompanied by
- biometrics of the applicant
- valid employment contract
- proof of the need to employ the requested number of foreigners
- A certificate by the Department of Labour confirming
- that despite diligent search, the corporate applicant was unable to find suitable citizens or permanent residents to occupy the position available in the corporate entity
- the job description and proposed remuneration in respect of each foreigner
- Proof of registration of the corporation with the
- South African Revenue Service
- Unemployment Insurance Fund
- Compensation Fund for Occupational Injuries and Diseases, and
- Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission (CIPC), where legally required
- The applicant for a corporate visa must provide proof that at least 60% of the total staff complement that are employed in the operations of the business are citizens or permanent residents employed permanently in various postions.
- Processing time is 2 – 3 weeks