This is a permit issued to foreigners who intend to establish or invest in a business in South Africa in which they may be employed.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form (BI-1738) signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 after the expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Flight itinerary
- Non-refundable fee of $255.00 money order for processing
- $1,500.00 money order for repatriation deposit
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card) if not U.S. citizen
- Proof of financial/capital contribution equivalent to R2.5million
- Chartered Accountant certifying the investment and that it is available and originated from abroad
- A business plan outlining the feasibility of the business
- Proof that at least 5 citizens/permanent residents shall be employed
- An undertaking to register with SARS
- Proof of registration with the appropriate body/board/council
- Processing time is 2 – 3 weeks
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.