This is a permit issued to foreigners who intend to establish or invest in a business in South Africa in which they may be employed.
Important Information on Applying for South African Visas
Effective 10 May 2015, applicants for visas will be required to apply in person at the South African mission.
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- A duly completed application form DHA-1738 signed by applicant
- Passport valid for no less than 30 after the expiry of intended visit
- Two (2) passport photos
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Flight itinerary
- Non-refundable fee of $127.00 money order for processing
- Proof of U.S. legal status (copy of green card) if not U.S. citizen
- Proof of financial/capital contribution equivalent to R2.5million
- Chartered Accountant certifying the investment and that it is available and originated from abroad
- A business plan outlining the feasibility of the business
- Proof that at least 5 citizens/permanent residents shall be employed
- An undertaking to register with SARS
- Proof of registration with the appropriate body/board/council
- Processing time is 2 – 3 weeks