Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa.
- Prescribed form DHA-84 Note: In the permanent residential address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos with white or light background
- Roundtrip flight itinerary
- Proof of sufficient means in the form of bank statement for own maintenance
- Proof of U.S. legal status for non-U.S. citizens (copy of greencard, etc)
- Medical report (physical)
- Radiological report (chest X-ray)
- Proof of health coverage whilst in South Africa
- FBI certificate (full criminal background check report) and police clearance certificate from all countries applicant lived in since age 18 for one year or longer.
- Non-refundable fee of $72.00 money order for processing
- Letter of invitation from the host Organization in South Africa stating purpose and duration of stay
- Letter from the U.S. Organization taking financial responsibility, and undertaking to return applicant upon completion of assignment if applicant is sent by Church organization/ Mission. This letter should also specify purpose and duration of stay in South Africa.
- Processing time is 5 business days.
- Where to submit your application
Attention: South African Consulate General in New York Applicants ONLY:
- $16.00 money order for overnight mailing.