- Application to import cats and dogs not subject to quarantine (Word)
Application to import cats and dogs not subject to quarantine, (Acrobat)
- Application to import cats and dogs subject to quarantine (Word)
Application to import cats and dogs subject to quarantine, (Acrobat)
As from 1 April 2014, no animal or animal product (including samples) may be imported into or moved in transit through South Africa without the importer obtaining a veterinary import permit. The tariff is R140.00 per permit.
- Please complete the application form fully, in print, prior to submission.
- Import permits are valid for a limited period and for one consignment only.
- Imports may only be authorized in writing by issuing a veterinary import permit.
- Application for a permit must be made at least four (4) weeks prior to introduction.
- Applicants are advised to call the permit office if the permit has not been received two weeks after the application was submitted.
- It is the responsibility of the importer to read and comply with the conditions on the veterinary import permit. FTM
- After completion, return the form to
Director of Animal Health
Private Bag X138
or fax to:
+011 27 12 329-8292 or
+011 27 12 329-8292
or email to: VetPermits@daff.gov.za
- Original veterinary certificates must be made available at port of entry only and need not accompany this application, unless it is specifically requested.
- In the case of CITES species, certified copies of the CITES permit(s) must accompany the application.
- Proof of payment must accompany the application.
Please note that no Veterinary Import Permit will be issued without the correct and complete information being provided as requested.