South Africa will host the 2013 AFCON on from 19 January until 10 February 2013.
For the first time in CAF history, the hosts of three successive tournaments were chosen at the same time:
- Angola was chosen to host in 2010,
- Gabon/Equatorial Guinea were chosen as hosts for the 2012 Cup and
- South Africa for the 2013 edition.
The draw for the final tournament took place on 24 October 2012 in Durban.
- Group A: South Africa, Cape Verde, Morocco, Angola.
- Group B: Ghana, DR Congo, Niger, Mali.
- Group C: Zambia, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Nigeria.
- Group D: Ivory Coast, Algeria, Tunisia, Togo.
The 2013 Afcon will be a timely reflection on the legacy of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which South Africa hosted successfully with the support of the African continent.